Right click on pictures and select "Open Link in New Window" to view additional pictures.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Is this really Texas?

The weatherman forcasted snow, but wow! I've never seen snow like this in Texas (at least not in the parts I've lived)... It started snowing on Thursday, February 11th, and continued through the early part of the morning on Friday, February 12th. It set a new record for the most snow recorded at DFW airport in a 24 hour time period. At 10pm on Thursday, I measured our snow accumulation at 12 inches. After another 4 hours of snow, I'm sure we reached close to 14 inches. It was beautiful!

Ashlyn was released from school at the regular time on Thursday. School was cancelled for Friday. Luckily, I was able to work from home both days. While Alyssa took a nap on Friday, Ashlyn went out to play in the snow for a bit. Then on Saturday morning we all got out there and built a snow-woman. The snow had already started to melt just a little by then, but there was still plenty to work with! But our snowman didn't last long, by mid-afternoon the sun was shining and temperatures reached above freezing and she started to melt away...

No comments: